Saturday 16 March 2013

Saving Makes Me Smile


My 'on sale' boots bought me this 1.94L Soap for FREE!
Earlier in the week, I received my Canadian Tire Scratch Card.  You know the one, where when you scratch and win up to $5000?  Well, of course I planned for it to be the scratch-and-win $5.00 card that most of us will get and looked for the deals.   I found a 1.94L Soft Soap Hand Soap Refill on sale for $4.51 regular $15.81.  Plus, I found my Rubber Boots (seen above) on sale for $23.72 regular $33.89.  Less my $5.00 Scratch Card - total savings were $26.47.  I paid $23.23 total! In other words - I paid sale price for the boots and got the hand soap free.  Savings of 53% overall.  Plus we earned a little Canadian Tire Money which we save towards Christmas Gifts. 
 
Okay..now...
 
On to Zellers.  I waited until the bitter end of this chain to get a few deals for our summer trailer. It was worth it.  Along with some much needed socks and brita filters, we purchased all our bedding and a storage unit for 60% off.   On our total bill we saved $95.88 ... but wait we only spent $72.65.  WE SAVED MORE THAN WE SPENT - It would have cost us $168.53 but we saved almost 60%.
 
Today we (hubby and daughter excitedly in on the deals) saved - $122.35. 
 
P.S. I really love my boots.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment